Shoulders and Triceps

 Shoulders and Triceps today, with an opening movement of seated press with bands. Sets of 10 on an ascending bar, until failure, ending up with 70kg with 60lb band resistance. This was not only to get a good bite in the front delts but to pre exhaust the triceps for later. Still really keen to overbuild my triceps and front delts to help me build my max bench up, and compensate for the fact I have to have a narrow grip on bench due to the width of my cage.


Upright rowes to follow, which I find follows front press perfectly, as it continues to work the front delts a wee bit, but begins to also engage significantly the side delts. 45kg for 3 sets worked nicely.


Then some focused work on side delts, which I haven't trained enough over the years, so lots of extra work to make up for lost time! Side lateral raises to start and karlsen presses to end.


Skull press was then next on the menu, this actually hurt my inner elbow. Wasn't a huge weight, only 45kg, but it definitely stressed out my joints which hurt for a few days afterwards. So I kept that to just two sets, and moved on to some band work instead. With a superset of tricep push Downs and tricep pull downs. High volume work, which is what I swear by for these movements, with sets of 30reps on push downs followed by the superset counterpart of 20reps on pull downs.


Overall decent. Need to keep up side delts and triceps work for my bench. Will tak3 time to build them up but the plan seems sound




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battle Speed - Viking Drums Rowing Pacemaker and ASMR